Gratitude List

Thanksgiving is here. You get the point from the title. I have to make a list of things I'm thankful for. That's hard. I came up with 12. Be ready to read a rather bad blog post.
1. First, watches. I like watches, I collect watches. I have 13 of them. They're my passion. Everyday, I look for new ones
2. Now we got Basketball. It's a Canadian sport, I like Canadians. Dr. James Naismith, good job, you're a Canadian. You also invented basketball. In my eyes, you're smarter than Einstein. Come on Einstein. GET OUT.
3. Meat, my diet. It's steak or chicken or pork or beef or lamb. Good stuff. Red meat. White meat. What's not to like? (Unless you're vegetarian.)
4. Colorado, it's square. That's true. But there are mountains, so this begs the question, is it triangular? It sort of is. You can ski here, that's good. That's very good. It's the best state in the USA, case in point. Cold, snowy, skiing, high elevation, nothing wrong with that.
5. I like Mountains. I like them a lot. They're big and tall. The best part is that they allow you to ski on them. Skiing on mountains is just plain better than skiing on a tiny hill in Wisconsin. Like come on, why Wisconsin? I like going 65 mph, not 30 mph when I ski. Where's the thrill, Wisconsin, huh. Rollercoasters and Waterparks? That's just not a good place for it to be, sorry.
6. Ahhhh, Baseball. America's National Pastime. I may be anti-American in logic but not in sport. Sure we Americans may write the date wrong, read the time wrong, spell things wrong, and write fractions wrong and use the worst grammar but we made our sports well (apart from soccer which is football). Sooooooo, yeah. Baseball is fun and you can find the intensity if you watch it enough. It's the most fun sport to play especially if you are a power-hitter (me). 
7. Skiing, the best sport of all time. One sole reason for that is that it's played in Winter. Winter is good. It's cold. Skiing is fun and easy to do. It's thrilling but not too thrilling. It's the perfect sport and it's my favorite. Fast and skillful is what you need to succeed here and that's what I like.
8. Cold Weather. I love cold weather, it's very refreshing and it feels in a sense, cozy. I hate warm weather, I hate sweating. Warm weather makes you feel like you're trapped in a confined space and can't get out so I absolutely hate it. Cold weather makes me feel like I've got the whole world to myself
9. My legs because I don't have the best of them and I still can run a 5:30 mile and I have a vertical of 9'9".  My legs may help me in that respect and I need them for that. The fact that they haven't fallen off yet is beyond me. I'll need them for hopefully at least 86.5 more years. So, hang in there.
10. Family. Obviously. They've given me most, not all of what I've needed or wanted. I could do with more watches or shoes or things like that. At least home is better than school people-wise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review

Christmas List

NLCS Game 3: Dodgers v Cubs, 17 October 2017