Movie Review

 
MOVIE PROFILE:
London Has Fallen
Released: 4 March 2016
Rated R for Extreme Violence, Language Throughout 
Running time: 99 minutes (1h 39m)
Genre: Crime Drama/Action/Thriller

SYNOPSIS:
The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is dead and his funeral is being planned. Nearly 200 world leaders and protection teams are attending. Upon the arrival of President Benjamin Asher (Aaron Eckhart) of the United States at St. Paul's Cathedral, all hell breaks loose in London. Multiple terrorist attacks occur without warning. London Bridge blows, rogue police and impersonating insurgents shell St. Paul's Cathedral and attempt to kill Asher. It's up to Secret Service Agent Mike Banning (Gerard Butler) to save the President. As they attempt their escape, Marine One is shot down along with Marine Two and Three. Will they make it out of London and back home? Watch and find out.

And now for the good part, the review. I'm handing this one 10/10 and no, I'm not going to just show up and utter the words, "it's my favorite movie" and give no justifiable reason. It is my favorite movie but I WILL give a justifiable reason. In fact, I'll give plenty. So, I love crime movies, action movies, and comedies. This has the slightest hint of comedy in it but that's all that's needed, it's the perfect amount. But, it's so insanely suspenseful that you'll stay on your couch or chair (Not going to assume what you are sitting in) whether or not you even understand the content. I must admit that the middle of the movie gets a little boring. It's night and Banning and Asher are lost in London and seek help from MI6 and then terrorists find them and attempt an attack. There's a lot of waiting involved and I don't like waiting. I hope they didn't create that scene just to lengthen the movie because if they did, that's just not a good reason to have dine that. If they wanted a longer movie, then I think they should have designed it as a long movie and brought up the length to 2 hours or whereabouts. That is the only blemish I see in this movie and the rest of it and the level of suspense it has makes up for all of it. 10/10 that's final.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas List

NLCS Game 3: Dodgers v Cubs, 17 October 2017