Endings and Beginnings

On the partial contrary to the title, this is a beginning. This is about how I feel before any sports game I play at school or for a team outside of school. So, during soccer season and really throughout the whole year with this first part, I always packed up during 8th and 9th passing period because I didn't want to go back to my locker (in the basement) from science, my only class in the 6th grade hallway. I also did this so I could get to the gym early and be ready for the game quickly. During soccer season, I finished getting dressed before anyone else and I went outside to the field alone. Not to warm up but to begin my pregame ritual. I would walk out to the field and kneel on both knees at center field. I faced northward (toward the Avon building). I prayed. I faced northward because that is the direction to heaven, where my ancestors are and where God is. I would also face east (toward the houses) because Romania, my homeland is 6,000 miles east of here. This is where my ancestors and the majority of my family members are from. I know that my ancestors and other family members who haven't met me would be proud of me so I pray for them and in their direction. During basketball, I did the same thing. I knelt down in the Northeast corner of the gym (by the stage on the side that the locker rooms are). I prayed for a win and for a chance to see the family that I hadn't ever seen before. In our final game for third place on 8 March, that was my godfather's birthday. He would've been 81 years old but he sadly passed on the 29th of October that previous year. We played Old Orchard and beat them 40-37. I played that game for him. In volleyball, whenever I have a serve I do the sign of the cross before serving it. Since doing that I have only missed two serves this season. Most of my rituals come down religiously because part of my effort to mend myself is to become a little more religious and more well-rounded. I feel that in the short time that I've been changing I have made progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review

Christmas List

NLCS Game 3: Dodgers v Cubs, 17 October 2017