Soundtrack of My Life

Coming up are 5 songs that represent me in various different ways such as birth, milestones, personality, loss, dreams, or opinions on various subjects. Links to each song will be placed below the titles.

- Not Afraid by Eminem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s
This song represents me because it shows how Eminem bounced back from a series of significant scrutiny due to various false accusations for some acts against the law. He became depressed from this and he went into hiding for a period of time. Once he was ready to come back, he wrote this song and released his first album in two years with this song as the lead single. In November 2017, I went through a six week period during which I was depressed because I believed that nobody liked me and thought I was a bad person. I thought I did something to someone for them to hate me. These are common feeling to what Eminem had when he released this song but one difference, he was accused, I wasn't. I, in a way, accused myself.

- Remember The Name by Fort Minor and Styles of Beyond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDvr08sCPOc
This song represents me because it talks about remembering "the name" in my case who taught me to be great at all things and to believe in myself. My parents, grandparents, even great-grandparents some of which passed before I was born, one of which passed when I was 9. I never met those who passed and I wish a had. They'd be proud of who I am. Now, every time I have a basketball, soccer, or volleyball game, I pray at half court or midfield facing east because that is the direction of Romania, where they were born and where they passed or north toward the top of the world, my destination in life. They created my grandparents, who created my parents, who created me. The trickle-down effect sends it all up to them so I give them the credit.

- Ara Ara by Yasin Keles and Tan Tasci
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVMJQlTiKzE
I'll begin with this: I don't know what this song is in English because it is in Turkish and it's my favorite song as well but it still has a connection to me. This song is in Turkish as aforementioned and I am a man of many cultures of Eastern Europe like Romanian, Russian, and Serbian. I enjoy the foreign languages and land because of many reasons such as my petty requirement to write the date (24 January not January 24th) and say the time correctly (13.00h not 1:00pm) and measure in the metric system like everyone else and because I like change and it's different from what I see every day. But to the point now, Turkish music is very similar to Romanian maybe because they're in the same region or maybe because similar people colonized that land. This song although a member of the pop or dance genre reminds me of traditional Romanian and Serbian music and it takes me back into the culture my family members followed back in the fatherland.

- Whatever It Takes by Imagine Dragons
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsM-DYAEhY
This song has a connection to me because it essentially dictates what I live by. I do "Whatever it takes" to get done what I need done. Whether it be a basketball game, a one of the most difficult skiing runs in the world, a project or just some homework I really don't want to do. I do what it takes to get it all done right and I pride myself on delivering in key moments. I "love the adrenaline in my veins." When it gets intense during crunch time in a basketball game, I want the ball. I want to put the game away and win. That's how this song represents me.

-  DNA by Kendrick Lamar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZRYQMLDW4
This song but specifically five lines of it has a real connection (they are listed below). So let's begin. The first of those fie lines, "Loyalty got royalty inside my DNA." Ignore the royalty part because I wish I had that but I don't and I'm not going to ramble on about that. But loyalty is in my DNA. I never stop once I have committed to doing something whether it be washing dishes or trying to be the richest man in the world. Whenever I'm asked to join a long term project, such as the Eighth Grade Play, I will keep on going whether or not I want to because it's the right thing to do. I've caused enough problems so why don't I do some good for once. Second, we have, "Cocaine quarter piece, got war and peace inside my DNA. Ignore "Cocaine quarter piece" I don't even want to explain that. War and peace are my emotions and we all have those in our DNA. War is when I'm determined to do something and peace is the opposite. When I am relaxed or just don't want to do something. Power, poison, pain and joy are just a continuation to the previous line. Power, when I unleash all I have to get it done or win something, etc. Pain, the feeling when I don't get what I need to done, when I lose. That was felt most in that Park View game Thursday. Joy, when I finish, when I win, what I felt last year against East Prairie twice and hope to feel Monday. Hustle through, ambition and flow are how I do things. I will make examples. Hustle through can be most frequently associated with sport especially basketball. That skillset is required for sport. Ambition is when I feel the need to do something big, difficult, or not likely to happen like run a mile under 5 minutes. I still strive for that number and am inching closer and closer every mile run. Flow is how I do it. Efficiently, hastily, gracefully to name a few adjectives. This is how I've strived to be all my life. This is my philosophy.
Loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA
Cocaine quarter piece, got war and peace inside my DNA
I got power, poison, pain and joy inside my DNA
I got hustle though, ambition, flow, inside my DNA
I was born like this, since one like this



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review

Christmas List

NLCS Game 3: Dodgers v Cubs, 17 October 2017